A hot new website
It had been three years since we developed Metalfire’s new website so when they asked us to redesign it last year, we felt like coming home. To a slick yet cosy place, that is. 🔥 Metalfire is always on the lookout for the latest techniques or trends for its fireplaces and we copy-pasted that attitude to their new site. Discover the brand new Metalfire site here or read about it below!
One of the reasons that we get a warm feeling when working for Metalfire, is because it’s a family company that was founded in 2003 because of a burning passion for architectural fireplaces. The company produces over 1500 fireplaces a year but every single one is a mix of passion, craftsmanship and design. Most buyers are architects and premium clients.
Metalfire’s current website wasn’t bad, but could use a future-proof and modern touch-up. Visitors need to think right away: “Hey, this website looks fire!”
Some requirements were:
- A clear product overview
- Inspiration for (potential) clients via Instagram content, blogs and such
- A user-friendly dealer locator
- Conversion optimization via brochure downloads, sample boxes etc.
- More natural Google traffic via SEO optimization
Last but not least, everything had to be measurable in a monthly report.
The Metalfire was already pretty decent (guess who developed it) with nice photos, a brand new logo, a lot of content, … The main challenge was to create a new one that held the middle between a fancy design and usability.
How did we do it?
- With a clean & practical, yet classy look. A long page isn’t just trendy, it also allows you to show a lot of information at once.
- When looking at the previous website, we found that the photos weren’t highlighted enough. Now, they get the attention that they deserve!
- We also added a tab ‘inspiration’ with convincing cases, interesting news, events, Instagram content and more.
- Of course we couldn’t add all the products Metalfire has to offer to the long (home) page. That’s why we used a drop down menu where you find the 3 main categories: wood, gas and accessoires. Simple yet clear!
- The sticky menu allows us to generate leads easily, whether it’s via a brochure download, dealer locator, contact or question form.
- Finally we activated lead tracking on all the action buttons to track the amount of visitors, downloads, requests for information, …
In short: we revamped the Metalfire site and made it hot & happening again! 🔥
The talents behind this project
Because teamwork makes the dream work.
Head of Web
Tom Van Liedekerke