A great website for great food!
What’s cooking in Belgium? The new food.be website! Fevia - the Belgian food & drink federation - asked us to do some web magic, and make the current food.be website more user-friendly, inspiring and mobile first. Let’s dive into the case & results.
Small country, great food
Food.be is thé reference for food & drinks in Belgium, with over 1.200 Belgian brands and their products showcased on their website. They promote the quality, diversity and innovation of Belgian food brands. Looking for a Belgian product, company or brand? On food.be you can discover what they can do for you.
Wax to the rescue
Great ingredients make great food. And as you know, a great mix of UX, UI and SEO make a great website. We were approached by Fevia to give the website a backend and frontend boost, and that’s what we did! We met their goals, delivering a user-friendly website we’re all very proud of.
- An improved website design including inspiring articles, that improve the food.be image
- A web tool that gives connected members more leads, and because of this attract more members
- A user-friendly search engine, to make sure customers can find the product, company and brand they are looking for in just a couple of clicks
- An internal site update for time saving:
- Each member can create its own information folder online via a seperate datatool, keep it up to date and share news & cases
- The possibility to generate automatic newsletters based on site news
- An event manager where subscriptions can be managed
- Including Salesforce as a CMS system, to post the information uploaded by members on the datatool directly onto the website
- Bring the general sector in the news in a positive way, with a “social wall”. This is a mix of internal, external & social media posts.
- And of course: all of this GDPR-ready, mobile friendly and Google optimized
Food is the ingredient that binds us all together, and - after our updates - so does the food.be website. Cheers to that!
The talents behind this project
Because teamwork makes the dream work.
Head of Web
Tom Van Liedekerke